Mission Coach Certification Training
The Impact of Coaching
Many people are aware of the dynamic missional leadership demonstrated by the Apostle Paul. But far fewer people are aware of the impact of COACHING on the MISSION PERFORMANCE of the Apostle Paul. It was Barnabas (Son of Encouragement) who came alongside the Mission Leader and encouraged / counseled / facilitated discovery in his actual ministry and mission productivity, expanding Paul's "kingdom impact" as an apostolic entrepreneur.
This seminar is designed to equip you for both competency and commitment in quality coaching for coming alongside Mission Leaders (church planters, evangelists, pastors, deacons, church workers, lay evangelists) and to ignite spiritual maturation and cultural impact for the Kingdom of God. For this reason understanding the mind and heart of the Mission Leader is crucial - and will summon the Mission Coach to engage in mastery of specific coaching skills in such areas as: discerning personal uniqueness, recognizing spiritual gift mix, vision discernment and casting, work approach, behavioral tendencies, leadership style and leadership development needs, discerning and heeding the call of God as a Mission Leader, processing strategic missionary decisions, goals and action plans - plus navigating the seasons of missional leadership and handling adversity and cultural blockages to effective mission work. .
This outcome is achieved through (1) discovery of coaching gifts, behavioral tendencies and capacities (2) entering the mind and heart of the Mission Leader and (3) mastery and application of the five components (dynamics) of quality coaching: Relate, Reflect, Refocus, Resource and Review.
Elements of the Mission Coach Certification Training include:
- Immersion in the Theology of Mission
- Immersion in the Theology and Practice of Coaching
- Orientation to online coaching using the CoachNet Online Coaching Tool
- Nine Coach Mentor Sessions with a certified Coach Mentor - 3 sessions prior to the training and 6 sessions after the training)
- Completion of a Six - Month Coaching Internship with two Mission Leaders
- Two-day initial Coach Certification Training
- Informative online Web Units which enhance the coach training experience.
- Eligibility for consideration to advance and join the Center for U.S. Missions Certified Coach Network for coaching in the church-at-large
- Eligibility for consideration to advance as a Coach-Mentor, mentoring 'rookie' coaches who take this training
- Excellent preparation for advanced training in Mentoring Church Planters
$1,800 — Trainees from a District or Movement which is a Partner with the Center for United States Missions.
$2,250 — Trainees from a District or Movement which is not a Church Planting Partner with the Center for United States Missions.