Mentoring Church Planters
This two-day intensive training is designed to equip district staff, pastors and professional church workers in the fine art of mentoring a church planter, domestic missionary and/or missional leader.
What is it to be a Mentor?
A mentor can be defined as someone who has been where you want to go and is both motivated and willing to help you get there.
- Barnabas mentored Paul (Acts 9:26-30, 11:22-30)
- Barnabas mentored John Mark (Acts 15:36-39)
- Paul mentored Timothy (Acts 16:1-3)
- Paul mentored Titus (2 Corinthians 7:6)
- Priscilla and Aquilla mentored Apollos (Acts 18:1-3, 24-28)
In all of these relationships, the mentors came alongside the missionaries, pouring into them their faith, life-experiences, missionary expertise, encouragement and practical counsel. The mentors had been where the missionaries wanted to go - and were both motivated and willing to help them get there.
Dr. Peter Meier (Executive Director of the Center for United States Missions) leads this interactive training which is designed to (1) Provide a clear VISION of what God wants to accomplish through you when mentoring church planters (2) Guide the mentor candidates in preparing a PLAN to fulfill that vision and (3) Facilitate the preparation of a MENTOR MAP (Mentor Action Plan) of ACTION PLAN STEPS to fulfill your plan for effective mentoring.
Some of the mentoring modules of this training include:
- Characteristics of a Model Mentor
- Mentoring: A More Excellent Way to Build the Temple
- Born to Reproduce Church Leaders
- Jesus: The Perfect Mentor
- Principles of Church Planting
- What a Church Planter Needs for Spiritual Success
- How to Recruit and Assess Church Planters
- MENTOR MAP Writing
- Mentor Skill Interactives in Triads
- 3D Approach to Leadership Development
- Building a Launch Team
- Four Phases of Church Planting
- Avoiding Church Planting Landmines
- Caring for your Planter in the Seasons of Church Planting
- Communicating Vision
- Building a Budget for the New Church
- Mentoring your Church Planter toward a Godly Family
- When your Church Planter Wants to Quit
- Effective Mentor / Planter Meetings
- Twenty Models for Church Planting
- Mentoring Church Planters is available to you in two formats: (1) Two-Day On-site Seminar and (2) Ten Session Online Cohort.
Special Pricing of $249 if you register for the April 3-4 Training at the Minnesota South District Office, Burnsville, MN - Complete the Registration Form Below!
For the 2-Day, On-site "Mentoring Church Planters" Training
$900 — Mentor Candidates from a District or Movement which is a Partner with the Center for United States Missions.
$1,800 — Mentor Candidates from a District or Movement which is not a Church Planting Partner with the Center for United States Missions.
For the Online Cohort
$1800 ... Mentor Candidates from a District or Movement which is a Partner with the Center for United States Missions.
$2,250 ... Mentor Candidates from a District or Movement which is not a Church Planting Partner with the Center for United States Missions.